Tuesday, June 19, 2012

(The Great Gig in the Sky)

"Time to get a move on," I said.


"Where are we going?" Jack asked.


"Home, Jack," I said. "Where else?"


"...home? My home?" He laughed. "And what do you expect to find there?"


I gave him a big ol’ shit-eating grin. "Why, your little buddies, of course. Peri and that crazy old coot."


The smile was wiped off of his face. "Leave them alone," he said. "They are not a part of this. This is just us."


"But there is no justice," I said, "if you’ll pardon the pun. And we need them to persuade you."


"Harming them will not persuade me to do anything," Jack said.


"Who said anything about harming them?" I said raising my arms innocently. "We just want to bring you all together for a nice reunion. After all, you did have that whole plan to war against the Slender Man, didn’t you? If we bring you to them, you can have your chance. You might even escape. You never know."


Jack gritted his teeth. "You’re not going to give this up, are you?"


"You taught us well, Jack," I said. "Time to go."


We loaded him up on our helicopter -- did I mention that we have a helicopter? It’s nice to have boatloads of money sometimes -- and took off. The sky was nice and blue. From here to Jack’s house it’s just a two-hour flight.


Here we go.


 -- The Scissorman

No comments:

Post a Comment